Monday, October 12, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...October 12th, Columbus Day!

Outside my window... it is still dark, the rooster is crowing and cats are waiting at the back door to be fed.

I am thinking...how wonderful a restful weekend was. I have taken a nap four days in a row, I could get used to this.

I am thankful for... my mom's speedy recovery. She is doing great and I am thankful for all the prayers.

I am wearing...summer jammies with a sweater.

I am remembering...way too many things. I finally began a list of the loose ends that need to be tied. As I think of them I jot them down and hope I will have the time to get them done soon.

I am going...on a Friday night road trip ~ out of town football game this week.

I am reading...Julie of the Wolves, as our read aloud book.

I am hoping...to make it to the ironing pile this week. I am guessing I have about twelve hours worth, I keep track and let you know.

On my mind...thyroid. I am researching tests, treatments and alternatives and looking for some answers.

From the learning rooms...books need to be ordered this week. We are progressing nicely, especially for this time of year, yeah!

Noticing that...things need to be de-cluttered, and a few more fallish items put out.

Pondering these words..."My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

From the kitchen...banana-millet muffins are coming our of the oven (right now) with smoothies for breakfast, egg salad sandwiches for lunch and that is as far as I have gotten into this weeks menu. Oh, lots of veggies because I went to market...that's all that matters anyway, right?

Around the house...regular chores and cleaning. This is always difficult this time of year.

One of my favorite things~ fall meals, now if the temperature would fall below ninety.

From my picture journal...sorry, will not upload this morning.


Please visit Peggy to read more Daybooks, or to create one of your very own!

9 comments:

Trina said...

Happy Monday and I am on my way over for some of the banana muffins. (wink, wink) Have a blessed week and will continue to keep your mom in my prayers.

Tammy said...

Wowsers, that's a lot of ironing to do!

Have a great Monday!

Love Bears All Things said...

You mentioned laundry and I thought I need to get up and get a load going.
Hope you get going and make a dent in the list of to-do things.
Mama Bear

Jerralea said...

12 hours of ironing! I iron on demand. If I ironed everything at one time and put them in my small closets, I'd have to iron them again when it came time to wear it!

Those muffins and smoothies sound good for breakfast!

Have a great week!

Samantha said...

A loose ends list...I think I need to start one of those. Julie of the Wolves hasn't crossed my mind in years. I'll have to dig my copy out soon.
Have a lovely week!

Choate Family said...

I'm so thankful for God's gift of naps!

Arlene said...

I'd love to forward that quote of Thomas Jefferson's to our current government officials. Hope you get all your ironing done. Have a blessed week.

Lainie said...

Praying for you and your thyroid... no fun when it's not functioning correctly.

Enjoy your football game :)

dtbrents said...

I love when it's starts getting cold and I can cook soups that are too heavy for summer. Your meals sound great. I hope you have a great week. Doylene