Monday, December 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...December 21st, Merry Christmas!

Outside my window...cold and bright.

I am thinking...that simple is good.

I am thankful for...for that understand the real meaning of Christmas, that know how blessed they are and that do not desire a commercialized Christmas.

I am wearing...jeans, undershirt, sweater and and birkenstok clogs (referred to as my hobbit shoes)

I am remembering...that many people are lonely and hurting in this blessed season.

I am going...to finish my Christmas shopping, soon I hope.

I am currently reading...

I am hoping...to stop coughing soon! And to make it to knitting tomorrow night.

On my mind...how thankful I am for a lot of business.

Noticing that...everyone managed to adjust to an artificial Christmas tree.

Pondering these words...global warming is caused by the sun!

From the kitchen...peanut butter fudge.

Around the house...wrapping, baking, the sounds of Christmas music from stringed instruments and the piano, planning

One of my favorite things~ finding just the perfect gift~when I least expect it.

From my picture journal...performing in a nursing home a few weeks ago, a special thank you to our piano teacher, Mrs. H.


Please join Peggy to read more Daybooks.

4 comments:

Jo said...

What a lovely idea, to do a concert in a nursing home. I hope the old people enjoyed it. Enjoy your fudge (it sounds delicious), and I hope you cough disappears soon.

Best wishes,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Beautiful blessing of music.

May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com

P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

Season of Life said...

I hope you are feeling better...and all stay healthy for Christmas.

Hope the concert went well and Mr. H is doing better. Tell Mrs. H 'hello' for us!

Blessings ~ Jarnette

quilt'n-mama said...

Merry Christmas!
I hope you have a wonderful time of celebration with family! We are "hunkered down" as m daddy would say in a the hefty middle west storm, but in the company of family!
Blessings my friend!
Gayly