Sunday, September 26, 2010

a little participation

Jerralea tagged me to answer the following questions. I am supposed to answer these questions and then ask my own eight "new" questions and tag eight new people. I am really bad at this game. I have always been bad at the real tag too, never liked it. Ten days have passed (now you know why I was/am bad...I'm slow) and I am just now getting to the questions and I know there are no new questions coming and no tags. Thank you Jerralea for asking me to play along. Here are the answers to your thoughtful questions and I am sorry for not being a team player.

1. What was the first meal you ever prepared?

The first meal, I remember preparing, the month we were married, was a roast in the crock pot. The crock pot was a wedding gift. I was gone for the day to register for school an hour from home. I called home from a pay phone (remember those?), to ask my husband how it was coming along. He informed me when he returned from work it was still pink. What? This was after a day of tears trying to register in a new school, as a senior, having to retake the ACT because they would not take an SAT score, you get the picture. Long story short, we did not eat the roast, exchanged the crock pot and just for the record my husband does not eat roast. Maybe this was the best thing that could have happened. I would have been crushed that he did not like my supper.

2. What is your favorite worship song?

(easy peasy) In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.


3. If you could do any occupation, what would it be?

I would like to be an independent contractor for government agencies as a Sign Language interpreter. I think it would be so rewarding to help people that can not communicate due to deafness. I would be able to work when I felt like it and I would think this would be a decent paying job, but honestly I have not researched that far.

4. What is your favorite flower? I don't really have a favorite. But I did grow these from seed.

5. Would you rather wear one pair of shoes all the time and switch purses, or only carry one purse and have different pairs of shoes?

I don't like to change purses and I don't have a lot of shoes. I would choose "one purse and different shoes" though.

6. Name one fashion fad you hope never comes back.

Bell bottoms...but they will.

7. Would you rather handwrite in cursive or print?

I would rather print for neatness, but write in cursive for speed. (I am not doing very well at answering these questions as Jerralea asked them.)

8. Would you rather see a bestselling movie, or read the book?
Read the book hands down! The book is ALWAYS better.

1 comment:

Jerralea said...

Thanks for playing along, Lisa. It doesn't matter when you did it. Your answers are welcome anytime.

Too bad about your roast dinner but it makes a good story all these years later!

Those are gorgeous flowers you grew! What are they called?

I agree - the book is always better than the movie!