Sunday, June 03, 2012

weekending

My weekend began Friday at lunch time.
A group of ladies began to arrive out in the country at a friend's home. 
She organized a mini retreat to refresh and renew body, mind, and spirit.
The group consisted of women from 70(?) to 22.
Some I knew yet others I was meeting for the fist time.
All were sweet and I left calling all of them friend.
Our hostess put a lot of time into the little thoughtful things, and here are just a few pictures.
Morning coffee, hot tub soaks and prayer happened on this beautiful and peaceful porch.

Fresh flowers beside every bed.

 Manicure, pedicure or both? The choice was yours. 
And if you'd rather not Anita Renfroe was making us laugh via DVD.
 Throughout our entire "retreat" this little guy had to be fed.
 Our only scheduled outing was to the local pottery studio. 
I painted a color-wheel plate and can't wait to get it back fired.
 Starbucks ~ no further explanation required.
 Each meal served had it's own theme and table setting.
 Hot tub...relaxing!
It was decided this needs to be an annual retreat. 
Thank you ladies, I'll see you next year!
So as not to add stress, to our already over committed
lives, our weekend ended so that everyone could attend their own
church fellowships.


And as if that was not enough to fill my weekend...
 My boys played and sang in church. 
They sang an original song written by the man on the far right.
 Jacob on bass, Seth on guitar center.
 Senior Day at church...I guess this breaks my promise.

Moving on...we spent the evening at the beach with friends...


 A very serious game of Bocce Ball.


 Girls "catching" fish!
 AND MORE FISH!

 As we were leaving, the sun was setting on this side of the highway.

 While the moon was rising over the ocean.
Thank you for sharing in my very full weekend.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

It looks very sunny where you are!
Time in a hot tub has me green with envy ;o)

quilt'n-mama said...

Looks like a beautiful weekend. I could handle an evening on the beach about now.

Choate Family said...

What a great list of blessings! When's the next retreat so I can put it on my calendar ;-)

Love,
Joanna