Monday, March 29, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...
Monday, March 29, 2010.

Outside my window...
it is soggy and still raining. I can't believe how cold and went out winter was. The mosquitoes are going to be plentiful I'm afraid but, I would rather deal with rain and mosquitoes than drought any day.

I am thinking...
about the very last week that Jesus spent with His disciples.

I am thankful for...
the price that Jesus paid for me on Calvary.

From the learning rooms...
speech, 4-H fair letters and preparation, book club "Cricket in Time Square", and the rest of the usual studies.

I am wearing...
joy, that the world didn't give me and the world can't take it away.

I am creating...
2 baby quilts for this. I have the tops and backings done, just need to get the batting and figure out how to machine quilt them. This should be a fun thing to learn.

I am going...
to conquer senior pictures this week, I hope.

I am reading...
only my Bible, but I hope to start a new book soon and pick up another one I had started and then not finished.

I am praying for...
for direction for two boys in college, a friend ministering to her Mother, a breech baby, a kidney stone, diagnosis for an unknown illness?, thyroid cancer, and Marsha. All of these issues are happening in the lives of believers, I wonder how the world manages with news like this and no great physician.

I am pondering these words...
"In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world" John 16:33.

I am hoping...
to order a stack of pictures before the end of the week.

I am hearing...
piano music and the clicking of this keyboard.

Around the house...
I need to~ yet again~ wash the pollen away.

One of my favorite things...
watching my children work hard at a task and accomplish it all on there own. (It is very satisfying to study for a week and CLEP a college class instead of enduring 16 weeks of class time, assignments and tests.)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Preparing our hearts and minds for Resurrection Sunday. School children are on Spring Break this week which means we do not have after school activities. It will be a slower, quieter and more purposeful week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...signs of Spring

Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

5 comments:

Felicity said...

I hope you enjoy your quieter week. I'm enjoying the same thing here.
Have a wonderful weekend celebrating the Resurrection!!

Jerralea said...

"I wonder how the world manages with news like this and no great physician."

I've often wondered the same thing!

I'm impressed that you are now quilting! You sound like a wonderfully crafty person!

Missus Wookie said...

Enjoy your quieter time - I hope it brings rest and relaxation. Thank you for the duck photo - we're eagerly looking forward to seeing ducklings in the park near by.

quilt'n-mama said...

As I read your list of health issues in the prayer list, I am with you... how does one face such pain and heartache without the Savior!

I pray that your passion week is full of blessings as we prepare to celebrate Sunday!

Sending you hugs and praying for you friend,
gayly

ps- can't wait to see the quilts, I hope you got my message ok.

Spoiled Daily In Love said...

I too 'wonder how the world manages with news like this and no great physician' ~ Have a blessed weekend celebrating Christ's Resurrection! Warmly, EMichelle