Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



Internet issues caused the delay of this post.
For today... Tuesday, August 3, 2010


Outside my window... wash on the line everyday, a two and a half mile walk early, and heavy dew on the grass.

I am thinking... about another bread class this Thursday night, a vacation my husband so desperately wants to take but with so much work will have to wait.

I am thankful for... all the work, a budget and a plan to take back control of our life.

From the learning rooms... paperwork needs to be done for extra curricular activities. We are savoring every drop of Summer that we can.

I am wearing... walking clothes.

I am creating...a caplet. It is finished and about half the size it should be. I will be casting it on larger needles tonight at knitting...and this was an EASY project. I am not sure I will ever knit anything very well.

I am going... to work on... school paperwork, my ironing pile, a bread class, a business proposal for my husband to present.

I am reading... a Karen Kingsbury novel, Oceans Apart.

I am praying for... order to the "school" part of our day. We are so busy right now I find it overwhelming that we will need to set aside a chunk of our day for academics. I know this challenge will ease with the two older boys heading back to school daily but it still seems like a huge job.

Pondering these words~ It is well with my soul. Go here for the lyrics and story.

From the kitchen... we are working on the freezer. Every now and then I try to work with the things I have on hand and only add an item here or there. This helps save money in my grocery bill (for a little while) and eliminates throwing out things that could have been used. Sometimes I have to make order out of the chaos of my life...even if it is only in the freezer.

I am STILL hoping... to have breakfast and beach time with a friend soon. (I think I'll leave this here until we make this work.)

I am hearing... children stir. Everyone has a busy day today.

Around the house... we are doing well at maintaining so that at any time any one could drop in. This is a sure sign children are growing up.

One of my favorite things...
RAIN and a nap. After two months with only one day of rain (and very little at that) we had a soaking...on a Sunday...and I got to read...and take a nap, it was glorious:)

A few plans for the rest of the week: (trying not to plan too much)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Visit Peggy to read more Daybooks...or participate.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

I know just what you mean about getting order into the school part of the day. I am also so busy that Ifind we just don't get much 'done' on some days. I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Kelly said...

Have enjoyed reading your daybook..
Beautiful Blessings~ Kelly Maria