Monday, December 28, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today...Monday, December 28, 2009.

Outside my window...it is cold and clear. Cooler than normal temperatures expected all week.

I am thinking...about all of the blessings of 2009. I am praising Him for all things ~ good and bad.

I am thankful for...a New Year, new beginnings and the anticipation of what God will do in 2010.

From the learning rooms...things are quiet. I need to figure out where we are and develop a plan and schedule for the remainder of the year.

From the kitchen...soup.

I am wearing...jeans a t-shit and clogs. I will need a jacket to leave the house.

I am creating...a knitted bib for a sweet little girl.

I am going...to return and exchange clothing for children, to the office, and to deliver the remainder of gifts to friends.

I am reading...the Bible in chronological order, beginning January 1st.

I am praying for...a friend that needs healing in a relationship with a loved one.

I am pondering these words...For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

I am hoping...for some rest next month. It will begin here again.

I am hearing...a busy laundry room and a son whistling "Angels We Have Heard on High".

Around the house...things are messy and that is O.K.

One of my favorite things...the end of cookies after Christmas. Not that I do not like them, I have just had enough sugar thank you.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We are headed here for camping, family time. bonfires, oyster roasts, fireworks and ringing in the New Year.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...You Go Girl, Christmas 2009.


Hop on over to Peggy's to check out other daybooks!

5 comments:

LLJ said...

I LOVED reading your daybook! I love the plan to read the Bible in chronological order! And, Oh! That restful New Years time away sounds WONDERFUL!
Leanne

Tara said...

yeah go girl....enjoy the lake I sure hope the weather is really nice....

Jerralea said...

I'm thankful for new beginnings also. And I have read the Bible in chronological order once, I was thinking about doing it again in 2010 ...

Hope you got the rest you were wanting!

quilt'n-mama said...

THank you for your prayers and sweet comments. I hope your CHristmas was wonderful and that the service you attended was a celebration of life. Our friend's was! Tough but beautiful!
I love the picture! I have a Chronological Bible that I have had for several year, I tried once to read it through and failed, seeing your post, I might pull it out and try again this year!
Blessings Friend,
Gayly

Anonymous said...

I'm very grateful for new beginnings, too!

Thank you for stopping by. My giveaway was postponed a tiny bit but will be starting New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year!
~Tamara