Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...March 23, 2010.

Outside my window...
it is dark and early. I think I just heard the rooster crow.

I am thinking... I need to get some scrap-booking done.

I am thankful for... a surprising response to a large disappointment.

From the learning rooms... Managing an adjusted schedule and activities ~ to incorporate some activities that will enhance cognitive development. I am praying for consistency in this area so that progress will be swift and useful.

From the kitchen...
menu planning. I am trying to come up with about eight freezer meals per month. This would mean I would have two meals per week that I did not have to do a lot of preparation for because the main portion of the meal would already be done. I think this would take some of the pressure off during the busiest times of the week.

I am wearing... a joyful heart today. I purpose to encourage at least one person, in addition to those living in my house, today.

I am creating... a caplet. Similar to this (bottom picture).

I am going...
to orchestra, 4-H, and to plan an oyster roast (just for the fun of it).

I am reading... my Bible.

I am hoping... someone in my house passes a CLEP exam this week and that I can get a tablecloth made.

I am praying for... a breech baby to adjust, my friend's back, my father-in-law's knee, my parent's work, our business, and a group of men in Washington, DC that need to know Jesus.

I am hearing... the background noises from a barn owl box. This has been interesting to watch and listen to.

Around the house... everything is tidy and clean. Yes, I had a function at my house over the weekend and a fresh start to the week is part of the blessing.

One of my favorite things... to watch my children use creative problem solving skills.

A few plans for the rest of the week: making it through my camera manuel so that I can get the most out of my last official photography class.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing: our last oyster roast

Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hoping the CLEP test goes gret this week. Always wonderful going into the week with a clean house. I think I may be moving outside on the deck to sandwich this quilt, ran out of floor space in the classroom.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Thank you for sharing your daybook. I always enjoy it and sneak a peek at your photos each week. Tam