Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... January 5, 2011

Outside my window... gray skies, storms coming and cooler weather.

I am thinking... about beginning projects earlier this year, and the garden. Found pictures(a camera stick in the back of a drawer)like this have me dreaming about growing something...anything.


I am thankful for... the blessing of our home.

I am wearing... jeans and a sweatshirt. Had to dash to a neighbors to help redress a wound. I will be wearing a little nicer "winter" outfit to do some running around.

I am remembering... a fun, calm, family filled and sweet holiday season.~to be making a list of the many ideas I have for this new year.

I am going...
to take a boy for oral surgery the end of the week, ouch.

I am currently reading... Chronological One Year Bible.

I am hoping
... for the courage to die to myself just a little more 2011.

On my mind
... complete revision of paperwork for our business. This must me tackled within the week, makes me want to take a nap.

Noticing that... my children are moving closer to leaving at a speed I am unable to slow down.

Pondering these words... laughter makes you live longer. I would like to see something new (to me) Tim Hawkins.

From the kitchen
... fresh bread, soups, cookies made by girls and a few other comfort foods.

Around the house... we are still completely decorated but cleaning out and rearranging has begun. Dad is on the warpath to get rid of "stuff", yeah!

One of my favorite things ~ that beautiful Lunar Eclipse last month.

From my picture journal... bravely singing in church.

Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

6 comments:

Mrs. W said...

Thanks for sharing your day book and Happy new year to you and your family, Warmest regards, Heather

Jerralea said...

"I am hoping... for the courage to die to myself just a little more 2011." What a challenge! And what a worthy goal.

Love the photo - I love to see young people sing in church!

Season of Life said...

A bit of a burrr today, so the photo of "green" plant life does make one long for planting days ahead. :-) (Missing our fressh tomatoes, peppers and many herbs to name a few.)

Do hope the young man is fairing well after his appointment...I believe we have a like appointment in our days ahead for wisdom teeth extraction...OUCH!

Blessings and prayers ~

Spincerely said...

Very nice post. I'm curious what your hope means? "to die to myself?" I've never heard that before.

Atishay jain said...

oh thats great i like your post i like to hear more from you in future

quilt'n-mama said...

Been thinking of you. Hoping you are enjoying the winter in your part of the world. I have the Chronological Bible in a Year, My goal was to start at the beginning of the year but it didn't happen:( I decided the other day I just need to pick up where I am and move forward. It's already looking like 2011 will have a lot of craziness as well as blessings, I hope yours does too friend.
Praying for you!