Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today... February 16, 2011

Outside my window... grass is beginning to turn green, new leaves are beginning to bud, the weeds are starting to grow ~ but it is still cold.

I am thinking... the end of the school year is coming way to fast. We have much to get done. My children told me at the beginning of the year they wanted a summer in 2011, we'll see.

I am thankful for... my best friend, he celebrates a birthday today. I feel blessed to share this journey everyday with him. I love you Mr.

I am wearing... brown pants, green top and earthy looking shoes.

I am remembering... life is a marathon and not a sprint, rest in Him.

I am going...
to Orchestra today, Jacob is teaching.

I am currently reading... Chronological One Year Bible.

I am hoping
... to start One Thousand Gifts sent to me by a sweet friend.

On my mind
... praying for my husband.

Noticing that... my husband works so hard and never complains.

Pondering these words... "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 NAS

From the kitchen
... sweets and treats, it's Valentine's Day and a birthday in our house. We have had other things like homemade pizza, homemade pasta sauce and homemade granola. It is also time to make more bars of soap.

Around the house... I must get a supper plan in place. Things are too busy and at the end of the day supper seems overwhelming.

One of my favorite things ~ nectarines smelling up my, yum.

From my picture journal...

triple layer chocolate cake..that's what he asked for, that's what he gets
(several years ago, not today)


Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

4 comments:

Season of Life said...

Happy Birthday (belated now) to the Mr.! The cake looks chocolishous! Your "homemades" list sounds very yummy...and Italian (sauce, pizza)...our favorites. :-)

Good to read your post and to have seen you recently.

Blessings ~

Choate Family said...

Nice to see you blogging a little bit more! You were missed :-)

Jerralea said...

Lisa, I really needed to hear what you said: "I am remembering... life is a marathon and not a sprint, rest in Him"

God bless, and I hope your husband's birthday celebration went well.

Stephen said...

Lisa, thanks for sharing your thoughts and lives with those of us fortunate enough to know a little of you and your wonderful family... Have a blessed day!

Stephen