Saturday, August 30, 2008

homemade syrup

It's been a while since I've had all the ingredients to make "maple syrup". Due to the rising cost of real maple syrup, I have been working on an all natural recipe that my family would eat and enjoy. This one is pretty good.

Tonight for supper it was french toast covered in syrup.
All natural syrup recipe
2 cups sucanat
1 cup sucanat with honey
41/2 cups water
3/4 cup barley malt syrup
3/4 cup honey
Bring ingredients to a boil.
Remove from heat and and add 3TBS frontier maple flavor
Sometimes I add a little butter to the syrup pitcher for a nice richness.
Easy, delicious and a little less expensive!

Two posts in one night. I wish I had time to get one in daily. Still ironing out the fall schedule and trying to adjust to the many activities we are involved in.

No comments: