Thursday, March 05, 2009

reflection

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalms 119:11

As this season of lent begins, we are reminded that the biblical process of cleansing and repentance is not just "for a season", but a necessary daily action.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" Psalms 139:23-27
I want to live the victorious life that my creator and savior has offered, even though I know what they are saying on the 6:00 news.
I want to walk holy in spite of the disgusting perversion that is reported every day.
I will fight for the truths this country was founded on and refuse to be distracted by the emotional falsities of my modern culture.
How will I do this...by looking up and not about.
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."Palms 121:1-2
Praying you have a blessed day.
In the sweet words of my husband, "your victory is in your praise!"

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Thanks for sharing this! I've been so behind lately with our crazy house- but we are well. Fun to catch up with your family. I still have some things I'll get sent to you!
Blessings,
Gayly