Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY March 16, 2009...
Outside my window...the rooster is crowing, in the distance the train is passing, and the sky is still dark.

I am thinking...of the many people around me that are hurting. A friend facing breast cancer, two friends suffering from the loss of husbands, one recent and the other struggling to go on.

I am thankful for...a God who loves us and never leaves us...in spite of the emotions we attach to Him and His character.

From the learning rooms...weather reports, history and science.

From the kitchen...meal preparations for friends, menu planning for a cousins weekend coming the beginning of April.

I am wearing...yoga clothes.

I am creating...a market bag.

I am going...to pick up a shipment for my husband 3 hours from home.

I am reading...this book

I am hoping...someone will get the garden going.

I am hearing...silence, at this very moment.

Around the house...I am finding myself aggravated. The treadmill would not work this morning and the digital channel with my yoga class is not coming in. I really do need my exercise and less frustration. All this aside, closets and rooms are being purged of things we do not use or need.

One of my favorite things...family supper. These are treasured as my children get older.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Here is picture thought I am sharing...SRING!
You can read more Daybooks by visiting Peggy here.

5 comments:

Schotzy said...

Is that a redbud! I love those. Ours will be another month before they begin to show! So lovely!

momofmhasr said...

It is always hard to have those around us hurting. Praying for these. Beautiful picture.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

May you have a blessed week and be able to help those around you who are hurting.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your friends in pain. The picture is lovely.

Marge said...

Hi,
Sorry to hear you have friends who have suffered losses. We all pray for healing hearts. Hope your day is a blessed one. Hugz!!