Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Day Ramblings...

The most holy day of the year for believers in Jesus Christ.
Our day was spent in church for worship and then with extended family.
The weather was beautiful and the laughter contagious.

As I sit down to write this post I realize it is the 12th of April. I have been busy - beyond what I should allow, and the header on my blog is March and the picture was taken in February. How does this happen?

I try to convince myself that it will get better, but how?

We are on Spring Break from activities this week and I have started some herbal tinctures that will improve my energy level. The last time I did these herbs I slept for 3 days straight. I hope to not do that again, but I may have to.

Posts this week will include pictures of our fun from last week. We had cousins here and played for most of the week.

I'll close with the frustration of farming (pictures may not be suitable for small children or queasy adults).
Over the last week our chicken coop has been the target of some varmint three different times. We do not know what type of creature this is, but we hope to find out.
The first night we lost two chickens and a couple of nights later we lost another. On Friday night we lost 3 chickens, had to destroy 1, put two mangled ones in ICU (the old bunny hutch) and have 1 still in the coop limping (injured leg).
I spent Saturday frustrated beyond words. I was devastated that we have fed these birds for 6 months (corn is quite pricey in case you did not know) they have been laying for a month and we have lost almost a third of our flock. This experience has given me a whole new perspective on what it must have been like before grocery stores existed. I can go down the road two miles and easily buy eggs. All this to say, I enjoy all our farming when it's easy and when it gets tough I want to quickly give up.

In order to spare you the pain and suffering, I have chosen to not post pictures of the massacre. Just imagine this, the back yard looks like a gigantic pillow fight went down.

P.S. Thank you M.D. for coming to the rescue and fortifying the coop!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm so happy to see you have a blog! I haven't seen you in so long, this will make it so much easier for me to keep up with you guys. Happy Resurrection Day.