Monday, February 01, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY... February 1, 2010

Outside my window...
cloudy with rain later today. A cool week ahead outside and comfort food inside, yum.

I am thinking... how good it feels to clean out. The attic has been cleaned out, the upstairs cleaned out, re-purposed, and soon to be cleaned and freshly embellished.

I am thankful for... a good first time mama goat. Mamas can need a little training when they kid the first time and she had me feeling a little unsure, I'm glad that lasted only a few hours. The sound of this little girl (been a while since we had a girl) is too sweet.

From the learning rooms... book study; A Cricket In Time Square. Time to start working on some 4-H projects. We need to write speeches, learn the parts of a goat and chicken and check to see what else we need to do.

From the kitchen... ribs, clean out the freezer week ~ the cow leaves today and the freezer will be stocked in two weeks.

I am wearing... yoga pants, long-johns, sweatshirt and clogs.

I am creating... a felted booga bag and dreaming about the next knitting project.

I am going... ???

I am reading... Sign of the Beaver, with Caleb. Do Hard Things, as a family read-aloud.

I am hoping... God will give clear direction as to what will be best for the next step for Jacob's education and that Seth can be very successful in English 1101.

I am praying for... for Jacob's school of music audition (this month) and scholarship information.

Pondering these words... The Gift of Ordinary Day, watch this and hug your children a little closer when you tuck them in tonight.

I am hearing... two girls make soft-boiled eggs for their breakfast, a boy use the 4-wheeler to take out a mountain of trash ~ did all of that really live in this space with us?

Around the house... I'm so enjoying clean empty spaces. It is fun to wait for inspiration as to what to do next.

One of my favorite things... the sent of a new baby. Hoping to meet a new wee one this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: ACT testing, Valentines making~planning and decorating, and I'm not sure what else.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...just born, Heidi January 27, 2010.

Please visit Peggy to read the Daybooks of other women that enjoy stopping to reflect on the simple things in their life. Go ahead, you know you want to.

3 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hi Lisa,

I enjoyed your daybook. Cracking up that you named your cow "Stew"... keeping in mind its function? ;D

And wondering, what is a "booga bag"?

Julie

Choate Family said...

For what School of Music is the audition? Hoping it's in DeLand!

Jerralea said...

Yes, I'm curious too. What IS a booga bag?

Hope the audition goes well!