Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... December 21, 2010

Outside my window... it is a chilly morning. Much I was up and outside my window the sky was crystal clear, with a beautiful "red" moon and two falling stars...it was spectacular.

I am thinking... about a young friend leaving for Haiti today. She is trained, prepared and knows how to love on babies; but she is leaving her family five days before Christmas, and I just want all of them be alright. Prayers for travel, health, and a mighty presence for God.

I am thankful for... two young ladies that are the best of friends and love each other SO much. I am blessed to be their mama.

From the learning rooms... movie nights, game night, Jesse Tree, baking, reading, farming ~ OK, none of this is happening in the learning room, but plenty of learning is taking place.

From the kitchen... we are half way through two weeks of menus we created as a family and it is wonderful. Something I need to do all the time, not just during busy times. Everyone checks the menu and gets it done.

I am wearing... jammies.

I am creating... a tablecloth and a few Christmas gifts.

I am remembering... this family in prayer.

I am going... Christmas shopping later today.

I am currently reading... a book I can't even remember the title of...not much reading happening.

I am hoping... that in the midst of heartache, several families we know can celebrate the gift of Christmas. It has been a tough year of loss for some that we love.

I am hearing... silence, it is very unusual.

On my mind... the list of things that must be done at the beginning of the year.

Noticing that... this little farm is so much happier with a pig in the pen.

Around the house... we are still finishing Christmas decorations.

One of my favorite things... Christmas music.

From my picture journal...Miss Piggy came home in the dark. She needed a little pen work so she couldn't escape and the truck needed to be cleaned out. All had to be done with the help of headlights.




Thank you Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook.
Thanks for stopping by, feel free to link over and read more Daybooks.

1 comment:

Jerralea said...

Oh Lisa, I visited Dana's blog and read about Tiggy - how heart-wrenching! I will definitely be remembering this family in prayer during this season ...

I've been wanting to do a Jesse tree ... I hadn't heard of it when my girls were little ...

I had to smile at your guys working by headlights. My hubby has mowed the lawn by headlights before!