Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY March30, 2009...

Outside my window...the sky is very blue, the sun is shining, the air has cooled and will be in the low 70's today. The garden is in and we had good rain over the weekend.

I am thinking...how in the world will all of these things get done this week, and how much fun a cousins weekend is going to be.

I am thankful for...life lessons and knowing that God is in control.

From the learning rooms...weather co-op presentations are ready and will be given today. An assessment of what needs to get finished before an extended break will happen within the next two weeks.

From the kitchen...a tremendous amount of cooking and planning. I am on the servant's ministry team this month at church and many meals are needed. Having a large family, that is often times too busy, can make meals a dreaded chore. As I was pleading with God to give me ideas and telling Him how willing I am to do this labor of love, giving sacrificially, ideas were coming faster than I could run the grocery isles, or reach paper and pen to record them. God is so amazing when I get our of the way and stop focusing on me.

I am wearing...garden clothes.(laundry hangin and garden waterin attire)

I am creating...a crocheted market bag.

I am going...to knitting and to sit with a dear friend while her family goes to church.

I am reading...only my Bible, no fiction, finished Message in a Bottle.

I am hoping...the cough my husband is suffering from is healed.

I am hearing...girls chattering with "babies".

Around the house...closets are almost finished and deep cleaning has begun.

One of my favorite things...the smell of homemade red sauce on the stove.

A few plans for the rest of the week: other than what has been stated, ???

Here is picture thought I am sharing...remembering two of my favorite cowboys on a trail in one of our favorite places.

To read more daybooks, or to create one of your very own, visit Peggy here. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I can't wait to garden! I'll need a lot of help. Have a blessed day.

Aubrey said...

Nice Daybook! Thank you for sharing it. I often find myself not asking God for things but asking him to SHOW me how to do this or that better. I enjoyed that remark in your entry.

God bless!

Niki said...

Oh I can't wait to take our horses back out on the trail. We still have tonnes of snow and now mud but soon we will be enjoying rides like that. Thanks for sharing.