Monday, June 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...June 22, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark, humid and going to be a really hot day.

I am thinking...about all the children that will be coming to VBS this week.

From the learning rooms...school is done even though a couple of subjects will continue. I have given instructions for delight directed activities, such as art, sewing, needlework, baking, music practice, basket making, woodworking, reading for just plain fun, etc. Very little TV and very little video games.

I am thankful for...the amount of beach time I am getting in this summer, our string quartet that placed fourth (out of 25 acts) in our little county talent show. I am happy to say that a gospel mime group placed first.

From the kitchen...pilau (Minorcan rice and sausage dish), VBS snack preparations and cookies baked by the girls.

I am wearing...khaki pants, a favorite summer shirt, an apron and sneakers.

I am reading...my Bible and hormone books.

I am hoping...to get to a little scrapbooking this week.

I am creating...socks, still. I have decided to not start anything new until these are finished. I have worked quite a bit while regularly taking a break to put my feet on the foot massager.
I am praying...for a fabulous week of VBS.

Around the house...things have been busy, lots of stuff is out of place and due to all the beach time things are not where I prefer they be at the start of a busy week. This is OK, an early bed time tonight and some attention tomorrow, I'm hoping to catch up.

One of my favorite things...a summer full of the beach. When all the children were small this was how every summer went. It has been about 6 years since this was the case and I am so happy to be back.
A few plans for the rest of the week...VBS and not much else. Maybe some beach:)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...3 times a week is what's necessary right now, yep...nothing less will do:)

Thank You Peggy for creating the Simple Woman's Daybook. I enjoy doing this little post and will continue through the summer, when I am able. Peggy is taking a break for the summer, but she'll be back in September.
During the Summer, Grandmother Wren is linking Daybooks so you can continue reading, enjoy!

5 comments:

Jerralea said...

Congrats on your quartet making 4th place!

I'm not jealous that you can go to the beach 3 times a week ... I'm really not :)

Bonnie said...

I went to VBS as a little girl. It was great. I am sure the kids will enjoy every minute.

Katie said...

The pictures are beautiful!

Grandmother Wren said...

Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
Please keep coming back –
I look forward to seeing you!

quilt'n-mama said...

We might be coming that way to the beach in Sept. I'll look to see if you live close to where we might be heading- I hope so!
Hope you are having a blessed summer!
Gayly