Monday, June 15, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...Monday, June 15, 2009

Outside my window...the rooster is crowing and I see things that need attention. The pig pen needs finishing, the blueberry bushes need planting and the garden ~ well it needs too many things to list.

I am thinking...about the sermon I heard yesterday. I like it when the Lord challenges me to grow up, and when the word is something I must ponder and wrestle with.

From the learning rooms...the final week of formal school. The rest of summer will consist of many things we call school, math, spelling, fun projects like scrapbooking, art, and a book for enjoyment, they will be delight directed instead of rigid and curriculum based.

I am thankful for...summer and a break. I am also thankful for friends that come along side and help with the work.

From the kitchen...sloppy joes, smoothies, salad, easy food children can prepare and VBS preparations.

I am wearing...pjs now, but for today a denim skirt with a comfy top?

I am reading...a theology book with my husband and hoping to start a summer fun read soon.

I am hoping...summer slows down a bit. It is going too fast already and I need it to last a little longer.

I am creating...socks-(no, it's not a new pair), and another baby hat.

I am praying...for my husband. I am just starting this, you may want to join too.

Around the house...things are straight, mostly clean, and this makes for a good start to the week.

One of my favorite things...homemade peach ice cream.

A few plans for the rest of the week...quartet rehearsal, the orthodontist, VBS set up, the beach...yes definitely the beach and a final book club meeting.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...thank you to the sweet little model and her big brother for helping me get a picture of this hat I knitted. According to the pattern it should have fit a child her age and as you can see it is too small. I will adjust my pattern accordingly. She would need a lovely shade of pink, not boy blue, don't you think?
Please visit Peggy to read more Daybooks.

3 comments:

Jerralea said...

What a beautiful picture of the little girl! Pink would be pretty on her, but her blue eyes really show up with the blue hat perched on her head!

I love homemade peach ice cream, too...

Grandmother Wren said...

Hi Lisa,

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find and visit one another while Peggy is on vacation.

Please stop by on Mondays to add your link – I’d love to see your Daybook there!

Arlene said...

Thanks for visiting my daybook - you're welcome to stop by for coffee/tea anytime you're in South Florida! We have VBS this week and my son and I are enjoying it so much. Today 56 children gave their lives to Christ - so exciting! God is doing some amazing things with our children. To Him be the glory.

Have a blessed week.