Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY August 24, 2009...

Outside my window...the sky is summer blue and we have had an unusual amount of birds in our yard.

I am thinking...it is going to be a very good school year.

I am thankful for...Auntie M. being released from the hospital, thank you for your prayers...a fabulous last weekend before we begin school. OK, we could have done without the sickness, but a football game on Friday night, a trip to the studio to glaze some pottery, shopping at the outlet mall, dinner on the beach, all with a very fun Aunt, who could ask for more?

From the learning rooms...work resumes and we are happy for new beginnings. Learning is so much fun.

From the kitchen...red sauce (I did just make this and it is gone already), homemade mayonnaise, sloppy joes, muffins, and not necessarily in any certain order.

I am wearing...denim capri's and a summer t-shirt.

I am creating...way too many things at one time. I have been having an overwhelming desire to do anything creative. I would like to paint, write, sew, knit, photography, etc...just something to release a creative feeling.

I am going...to all things kids. So begins the school year and music, football, college, choir, 4-H...

I am reading...you guessed it, the Yada Yada Prayer Group (STILL).

I am hoping...to maintain a peaceful delight-directed school year. (O.K., it did say hoping:)

I am hearing...the hum of the A/C, 100 degrees forecasted today.

Around the house...we have had company and our once a year bug treatment. The "company" was not bugs, we really did have an Aunt, not ant, visit. Due to this, closets are straight, everything is clean and orderly, and we are beginning the school year somewhat stress free.

One of my favorite things...starting with a clean slate.

A few plans for the rest of the week: All our normal activities resume and that will be more than enough.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...last night at the beach...
Please visit Peggy to read more Daybooks ~ or you may create one of your very own.

1 comment:

Season of Life said...

My day was full...so I still did not get to blog on Simple Woman's Daybook...maybe before the day is done ~ a sunset entry. :-) We were at the beach last night, too. Sorry we didn't swim into one another ~

Blessings,

J @-->---