Monday, August 10, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...August 10, 2009
Outside my window... the sun is just coming up.
I am thinking...I need a breather this week. I have been extremely busy with things that must get done BUT, we all need to breathe now and then.
From the learning rooms...book shelves need to be purged, curriculum needs to be ordered, schedules need to be created so that our year can run smoothly.
I am thankful for..."real joy", that kind that comes only through rejoicing.
From the kitchen...homemade bread, cookies, lasagna (promised to an April birthday, boy is he patient), patty-pan squash on the grill, and something with kielbasa in it.
I am wearing...jammies, a tank top with thrifted old navy bottoms.
I am reading...The Yada Yada Prayer Group and hoping to finish before next week
I am hoping...to clean the girls bedroom from top to bottom. How do they end up with all those clothes? I don't buy them and yet they appear.
I am creating...a market bag, dish rags, a knitted baby hat or three, a rug for the girls bathroom Hannah's quilt top was finished yesterday and now needs to be sandwiched, and I want so badly to make a little umpire cover up things that are all the rage now.
I am praying...for a young couple that began their journey as one on Saturday. And for our business. This summer we have re-done the office (the bathroom was finished this week and it was gutted to the floors and ceiling) it looks so nice. And for the accreditation process that is down to the little things that I think about at the most random moments, "Oh, we need to get and eye-wash kit". We have only one policy left to go in the book, it is the biggest one, but who's counting after 60 pages? A couple of signs need to be hung, employees only, treatment room, restroom, that should be easy ~ it's finding ones I like that is the trick.
Around the house...weeds need pulling...as always, laundry is piled high and so is the ironing...I feel a movie marathon day in my near future.
One of my favorite things...a Sunday afternoon with children and grandparents complete with cookie baking and quilt layout. YUM!
A few plans for the rest of the week...Packing for a few of the children that are heading to the mountains, football practice starts and he is capable of driving himself there, a doctors visit that is LONNNNGGG overdue, summer school ends for two young men that can now speak a little Spanish and have racked up 8 college credit hour ~ way to go guys, you made it! My Daddy's Birthday tomorrow.
No picture thought for sharing today...


To read more Daybooks visit here. Thank you Peggy for hosting:)

1 comment:

Jerralea said...

Wow, things sound very busy at your household!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Trinity City is where the Trinity Broadcast Network tapes their Nashville shows. Part of it used to be Conway Twitty's home. It is beautiful there.