Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today...
Tuesday, April 27, 2010...finished Saturday, May 1, 2010.

Outside my window...
clothes are blowing on the clothes line, the weather is incredible and we have begun the morning and evening chore of milking the goats.

I am thinking...
that there is progress on the list of never ending chores, yeah.

I am thankful for...
rest. I had a wonderful weekend at home. We spent a little time at the beach, had friends stop by and visit, many meals around our family table, laundry was accomplished, games were played...and it was good.

From the learning rooms...4-H project and fair books are due Friday, term papers are being turned in, plans for the fall are being discussed, Summer reads are being considered and I am thankful for the quickly approaching end of this year. I love learning, and my children do too, but I am very happy when the college semesters are over.

I am wearing...
goat milking clothes and a determination to add goat milk to our diet. This will be a very SLOW process.

I am creating...
two baby quilts. I have only the binding left to do. These will be mailed out the end of the week.

I am going...
to miss a very sweet and wonderful lady that went home to be with her Lord last Friday. (today, Saturday, we will celebrate her "glorious" life and officially tell her good-bye...we will miss you Grandma A.)

I am reading...
The Age of Opportunity by Tripp and thankful for the encouragement.

I am praying for...Evan and hoping that the plan the doctors have come up with fix the problem of not being able to eat.

From the kitchen...
meals for a few other families. Chicken and yellow rice, homemade hummus, brownies, I need to make granola and I am looking for a good Shepherds Pie recipe...random thoughts in no particular order.

I am hoping...
to find a couple of extra moments to visit this post page more regularly...
I survive the month of May and catch my breath in June. I need summer badly this year. Tea or coffee with your muffins at the beach? You are welcome to join us.

I am hearing...
quiet and "In Christ Alone" hymn (in my head).

Around the house...
things are rough, kids are sick, work is insane and blazing fires need to be put out ~ which is precisely why I am finally posting this Daybook on Saturday, even though I started it on Tuesday.

One of my favorite things
...
family time. We had a little more of this over the past weekend and it was so nice.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
park day on Thursday, several extra meetings for children's activities,

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...on her birthday, showing chickens at the fair.


Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

2 comments:

Season of Life said...

Breathe...the weekend is long last here and prayerfully it will provide another opportunity to catch your breath. Lovely picture of the birthday girl!

Blessings and steadfastness to you, my friend ~

Felicity said...

Hope you get to catch your breath soon. Good luck introducing goat's milk to your diet ;-))