Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...May 5, 2010

Outside my window...

it is hot, hazy, smokey with a hint of a breeze. Summer arrived this week in a blaze ~ a difficult transition from a very cold Winter and nearly perfect Spring.

I am thinking...
I am very tired.

I am thankful for...
weeds in my yard and in my life...the ones that have stickers and the ones that bloom. The ones that bloom are easier to enjoy, the ones that are thorny help me pursue Him.

From the learning rooms...
premature Summer preparations and Fall dreams have begun. However, there is still much to be done to finish this year.

From the kitchen...
creating a menu with the girls. Attempting to make things easier and less expensive, I know this can be done.

I am wearing...
garden clothes.

I am creating...
two baby quilts and lists of things we want to do this summer in the studio, projects and decorating.

I am going...
to knitting tonight ~ I hope. Being down a car requires a little extra creativity.

I am reading...
very little this week.

I am hoping...
to try a new knitted scrubbie this week.

I am praying for...
a neighbor battling liver cancer, a young lady making a missions trip this summer.

Pondering these words~
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. "
Winston Churchill

I am hearing...
a big brother on piano with two little sisters playing violin ~ Canon ~ too sweet.

Around the house...
things are beginning to manage themselves. Don't get me wrong, we still make huge messes and things can get so overwhelming for all of us but, when I say get it cleaned up and that means clean enough for company to walk in, we can do it. All this to say...mothers of young children, keep training, the children keep doing their part ~ growing, and one day you just make it there.

One of my favorite things...
children willingly and lovingly helping each other.

A few plans for the rest of the week: spring football starts this week, practicing instruments for end of the year concerts, finishing two quilts, catching our breathe ~ work is just a wee bit slower this week.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... beautiful moon rising over farm field (picture does not do it justice)



Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

8 comments:

Season of Life said...

Oh, that this week (God's redirection of being down a vehicle) will give rest and allow more time at home versus running. :-)

Looking forward to summer (NOT the heat...but just some less demanding activities ~ a time of refreshment, Lord willing)...

<3 and Blessings ~

amber waves of grain said...

I enjoyed the Winston Churchill quote-- so true! Good luck with menu planning. Thanks for sharing your Daybook!

Felicity said...

I hope you'll find time to rest and renew your energy this week. Spring/summer sounds so good there!

LISA said...

TO FELICITY...Please email me, I can not leave a comment on you blog.
Thanks!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed dropping by this morning! Loved your Churchill quote too. Sounds as though you have things under control and that's always a good feeling. Blessings to you this week!

dtbrents said...

A lovely picture. I love musical instruments. My husband plays the guitar and sings. My grandson plays drums with a band. I wish one of us could play the piano. I had lessons but I have two left hands. The same reason I don't knit. I would love to but no coordination. I hope you have a great week, Doylene

Jerralea said...

I love the quote from Churchill!

I totally understand about being down a car ... back about 3 months ago the five of us was down to 1 and a half cars. (I say half car because one couldn't be driven more that 5 miles at a time!) Now we are back up to 4 vehicles -- that work and look decent! Praise God.

I enjoyed reading about your week. It seems that you are doing a fine job raising your children!

Choate Family said...

So nice to catch back up with you now that we're back in Honiara!