Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today...
Tuesday, May 25, 2010.

Outside my window...
the ashes are still smoldering from last nights fire. The weather has been so interesting this month, too hot for part of the day but the just perfect early and late in the day. I love to hear my children make comments much the same as I used to do..."I love the smell of fresh cut grass. It smells like this in the mountains."

I am thinking...
that making the transition from childhood to adulthood is harder on parents than becoming a parent was. I am sure that God is trying to teach me many things in this situation, and I am glad that I will not have an empty nest overnight.

I am thankful for...
A wonderful strings program that our family has been privileged to be a part of. Yesterday I really wanted and needed to stay home and get some things done, but it was Jacob's very last rehearsal. Five years of his favorite thing to do ~ I went to rehearsal. It was bittersweet and tomorrow night will be his last concert with this group.

From the learning rooms...the same

things are total chaos. I am happy we are headed down the backside of May and around the first of June I will try to figure our how to end this school year and begin planning for next year. I do believe I have figured out what we are going to do over the summer, and I will share more on that later.

I am wearing...
capris, a souvenir shirt from a great trip, and bare-feet with a boo boo. I dropped a pair of loppers on my foot while trimming something in the yard and have a nasty puncture wound. I could not believe how painful that was. All super-glued and steri-stripped up, it is quite sore in the morning when I get up.

I am creating...
a caplet for about the 10th time. I think this thing must have been on my needles at least that many times, and taken off that many too. I do hope that it does not have to be pulled off again and that I can have it finished by fall, we'll see.

I am going...
to get a few things to make the yard and house a little nicer for a party.

I am reading...
a checklist of things for college admissions.

I am praying for...
a pastor and his family grieving the loss of a son. This son was to be a father for the third time in about three weeks...life is hard! Prayer is the only thing that can get us through many days.

Pondering these words~
and the winner is...two year blogiversary and my two hundredth post, pondering a giveaway for sometime next week.

From the kitchen...
freshly canned green beans and mulberry jam ~ YUM!

I am hoping...
to ship two baby quilts by the end of the week and that it will rain today.

I am hearing...
the very quiet hum of my computer, and the clickety clack of keys.

Around the house...
cleaning and preparations have begun for a graduation celebration next weekend.

One of my favorite things...
the end of all children activities, this means the beginning of beach days.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
cleaning, planting, fertilizing, washing, shopping, cooking...and not necessarily in that order.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...Congratulations Jacob!
Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook! I think I agree with you on becoming a parent was easier than helping them into the adult hood. I guess the Lord prepares us over time for this transition.

Have a wonderful week,
~Tamara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jacob. He really deserved everything that he has gotten, and more. I hope he does well at University of North Florida. I hope he continues with the viola. I will be at the concert tomorrow, and hope to see him on that stage playing his heart out.

Jerralea said...

Congrats to your son on graduating. My daughter graduated this year, too. I've got one left to go ...

I think being the parent of a teenager transitioning into adulthood is the hardest thing ever! Makes me long for the days when my girls were preschoolers. You just instinctively knew what to do ... Now I joke all the time that I'd like to freeze them when they are 12 and thaw them back out when they are 22!

Breezy Point Mom said...

Congrats to Jacob. So sorry to hear about that pastor's son - how terrible for them. We can relate about the sadness of ending performing with a string group. We had a "final Performance" like that too this week.

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

I love beach days. I enjoy your blog.