Friday, May 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today...
Friday, May 14, 2010.

Outside my window...
is a most beautiful cool morning. The evenings have also been cool and with a lovely breeze. Summer will be brutal and it is approaching quickly so we treasure each one of these lovely cool moments.

I am thinking...
how can it be possible that my homeschooling years are nearly finished with Jacob? It is exciting to see him have choices to make and work hard for what he wants. Perseverance is a great quality.

I am thankful for...
clean sheets dried on the clothesline, work experience for boys, goats to milk, and fresh eggs.

From the learning rooms...
things have been quiet for too long. When things get very hectic in "life", I allow my children to continue on their own. This has always worked and until there are signs, to tell me otherwise, I'm not going fix what isn't broken.

I am wearing...
I nightgown and bare-feet.

I am creating...
baby quilts. They are finished and I will post pictures soon. A couple of dish-rags and dreaming of goat milk soap.

I am going...
to farmers market in search of black African soap. I have heard that this is great for acne and I hope it works for us.

I am reading...
nothing for fun.

I am praying for...
a friend in need of medical help and direction as to where to get it.

From the kitchen...
summery dishes. Last nights supper was tuna salad on bagels with chips and a pickle, eaten at 8:30, a sure sign that summer is just around the corner.

I am hoping...
(still)to find a little more time to write in this space. I can not spend time here to the aggravation of my family and so I have to just let it be.

I am hearing...
a ceiling fan, the rooster crow and the hum of my computer.

Around the house...
everyone is working on projects. Today is the last day of college classes and preparations begin for graduation and the boys trip.

One of my favorite things...
tucking my girls in at night.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
the week is finished today, graduation is on Monday, and two weeks are left for normal activities like choir and strings and football, etc. We are taking the summer off and can't wait.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. I am guessing that Mrs. Lisa took that picture considering that she is such a professional photographer.