Friday, July 30, 2010

friday's fave five


I thought I might try this and see how it goes. I have a hard time posting when life takes over.

This week has been a little strange. Yesterday felt like Monday and somehow it was already Thursday. That is what I'm talking about when I say, "Life takes over."

#1 My two oldest boys returned safely from a trip of a life time. They are tired, talkative and glad to be home. They hit the ground running to get back into "life" as we know it here.

#2 I am going to finish my knitting project today, or tomorrow, that I re-started more than 10 times. This is exciting beyond words, I can't wait to see it finished.

#3 I hosted a bread baking class in my home Monday night. 13 people attended and I had a lot of fun sharing my heart. So many people were unable to make it I am considering another one next week.

#4 An unexpected date. We have been extremely busy with work. My husband asked me to ride with him to make a delivery and while we were out we turned our trip into a date. It was fun, inexpensive and required no planning. Thank you S. for loving me.

#5 A baby Christian we have prayed for, invested in, loved and ministered to came home from prison this week. This will require time and more prayer, but God has been faithful, mighty and is stretching us in amazing ways.

This is a nice way to reflect on the week and be grateful for all my blessings.
Visit
Living to Tell the Story to participate in this memory of your week.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

This is a wonderful post, Mrs. Lisa! I am glad that your two eldest sons arrived home safely. The bread baking class sounds like fun. I bet those who attended were very blessed!
Have a wonderful day, filled with the Lord's abundant blessings!

Many Blessings,
Jenna

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Glad you joined in FFF! I read about your sons' trip -- sounds wonderful. Going west was one of our favorite vacations.

Don't you love those unexpected dates? Just time away with the one you love in the middle of the week -- it's great.

Hope you have a great week ahead!

Cindy said...

It can be such a relief to have them home where you know they are safe as well, glad for you.

Hum, a bread baking class, it sounds like this could be interesting.

Welcome to FFF, it will become addictive and before you know it the Friday's will be driving by. Since I started I have noticed that it sort of gave me a time stretcher, before Friday would come and go and now it comes and I have a reason to remember.