Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today... Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Outside my window...
sweltering heat, a breeze, fresh cut grass, a mountainy smell and clothes on the line.

I am thinking...about my boys and all they are seeing and doing. You can read about it on Rollin West.

I am thankful for... summer and all of the wonderful smells, foods, and activities that make it so memorable.

From the learning rooms...
nothing, we are on an unplanned break. Taking time to rest and create all of those memories I was just thankful for.

I am wearing... a summer top, skirt and bare feet ~ a things perfect for hanging out the wash.

I am creating...
a packing list for another beach get away.

I am going...
to reach the place in our read aloud book that all children beg for more.

I am reading...
'Ryan Waters and the King's Sword' with three children.

I am praying for... for my Husband and children. As we all get older and others are hurting around us the phrase, "There but for the Grace of God go I" means a great deal more.

Pondering these words~Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done. C.S. Lewis Now, if I could just do this well every day.

From the kitchen... watermelon and lots of it. Nachos grande, ham with squash casserole and green beans, fried shrimp at our favorite restaurant, and travel food.

I am hoping...
my two big guys have the time of their lives on this trip. I am hoping they will keep me well informed of where they are and I can let you know. I am hoping my parents can stay healthy and strong through this entire trip.

I am hearing...
the hum of all my laundry room machinery.

Around the house...
it would be nice if someone (although I am not mentioning names) would clean out some closets.

One of my favorite things...
doing what my husband tells me to do ~ even when it's hard ~ because it is good for me.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
resting on the beach, swimming in the pool, shopping, reading, and all things vacation like.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing
... keep on the sunny-side...poolside that is
Visit Peggy to read more Daybooks...or participate.

3 comments:

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

I enjoyed your day book. C.S Lewis is one of my favorite authors. I have to really think about what he writes.

Enjoy your summer plans. Sounds fun.
Blessings,
Virginia

dee said...

Enjoyed your Daybook! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

I came to check out your daybook. I like the entry about one of your favorite things to do. - Debbie