Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today...
Wednesday, September 28, 2010.

Outside my window...
The sun must be up...but is is very gray. We should get much needed rain, but they said that yesterday too. I am ready for a break in the humidity, but so very thankful for the rain.

I am thinking...
cooler nights filled with outside fires, pots of soup and hot chocolate can't get here soon enough. About finishing my 100 photos project. I am on number 12, so this will require some focus.

I am thankful for...
Dave Ramsey and his insightful financial teaching.

From the kitchen...
homemade granola we are out of cereal. I buy cereal only on sale and when it's gone, it's gone. We try to have family supper on Wednesday because we are all home.

From the learning room...
things are going really well. We have definitely found our rhythm and everyone is making good progress.

I am wearing...
walking clothes.

I am creating...
a baby gift of knitted bib, knitted had and cute little onesie. It is finished to the point of blocking, wrapping and packing. I am ready to cast on my caplet for what I hope is the very last time.

I am going...
to go correct math as soon as this post is finished.

I am reading...
One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury, but I just don't have the time to read, to myself that is.

I am praying for...
so many people right now. A sweet family facing life threatening illness, marital problems in another family, life altering medical adjustments for an elder, healing in my own family, friends and family saying good bye to a women who died suddenly at only 39, and a dad to young children diagnosed with bone cancer that made it only 8 more days, just to name a few. So many people around us are hurting that my heart feels heavy and over burdened.

I am pondering these words...
(in light of all the pain those around me are facing)
"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I am hoping
...
to find some incredible deal on a flight to NYC.

I am hearing
...
the pitter-patter of feet above my head. The alarm clock has been ringing far too long.

Around the house...
it is obvious we are a self employed homeschool family. I am tickled pink to have my closet light back. Not only do I have it back, it is no longer flouresent, which means my clothes appear the color they actually are. Thank you Mr. D.C for fixing that for me.

One of my favorite things...
hearing "These are a few of my Favorite Things", on the piano by my favorite twelve year old.

A few plans for the rest of the week: 4-H meeting, missed knitting, large project completed for our business, road trip for Friday night football game, some creative time.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... walking in the rain ~ dedication!

Thank you Peggy for the Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

1 comment:

Season of Life said...

I'm with you on the cereal...WHEN I buy cereal it is usually only Kashi ~ needless-to-say we don't buy cereal very often. Just as well, eggs or pancakes are the preferred breakfast choices here.

I'm with you about the humidity too...SOOOO looking forward to cooler weather, fire pit evenings and just being able to open my windows for a while. :-)

Love & blessings ~