Monday, May 04, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY May 4, 2009...

Outside my window...a pink sunrise is just under way, the first one of the season.

I am thinking...it is too early, in the season, for the weather to be this warm. And, we desperately need rain.

I am thankful...that some stomach viruses, last only 24 hours.

From the learning rooms...scrapbooks, math and assessments continue.

From the kitchen...I don't know yet. Still waiting to see if anyone else gets sick and how I am going to do preparing food.

I am wearing...jammies, the suns just coming up.

I am creating...socks and one will be finished today. An apron, a gift for a birthday girl whose party Hannah missed while I was in bed.

I am going...nowhere unnecessary and nowhere quickly.

I am reading...??nothing just for fun at this time.

I am hoping...to scrapbook with the children and work on a quilt, although I should be making Mother's Day gifts. (and for RAIN)

I am hearing...Jacob on viola.

Around the house...the garden needs tending, the children need tending, and regular maintenance seems like such a chore when the earth is SO dry.

One of my favorite things...looking at family photos and remembering. One year ago all activities were in preparation for a 5 week vacation we took. This week I have been reading the beginning of my blog and looking through "my pictures" on the computer, remembering how wonderful it was. We spent a whole week in New York City...I want to go back.

A few plans for the rest of the week: rest and only the essential things will get done. Maybe register number two son for college classes, end of the year sports banquet, knitting, and extra praying on Thursday, May 7 for the National Day of Prayer.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...the girls doing the Chicken Dance on top of the dugout at the local minor league baseball team. This was great family entertainment at a great price. Hoping to do this again before the weather is too warm.
Visit Peggy to read more Simple Woman's Daybooks or to create one of your very own.

6 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

LOVE the picture! So sorry you have been sick, hope everyone else stays well! Have a blessed week!

Jerralea said...

Wow, a five week vacation! I usually am ready to come home after three days!

Hope everyone feels better soon. I enjoyed your daybook and picture thought. Thanks for sharing!

Linda C said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook! We love our minor league baseball team here too!:)

Happy Monday!:)

Linda C

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

ove that picture. We love to go to the M-Braves games. What fun, glad you are feeling better.
Molly

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Cute pic! I hope everyone feels better soon.

~Susan

Crystal said...

Thank you for stopping by at my blog :)) No, I never did start knitting this winter. I guess it's something left for another year. I hope you are feeling better this week and that you do get some rain. We are dry here too but we had some extra snowstorms this spring which gave a little needed moisture. Have a blessed week!