Monday, May 25, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...May 25, 2009...Memorial Day

Outside my window... the sun is just coming up.

I am thinking... about Memorial Day.

From the learning rooms...evaluations, year end assessments, summer reading selections.

I am thankful for...my freedom, and the fact that someone was willing to fight for it.

From the kitchen...homemade granola, lasagna, meatloaf, spaghetti squash with pesto, not necessarily in this order and not all in the same meal.

I am wearing...a life is good t-shirt with capris

I am reading...Baby Island.

I am hoping...to slow down for a couple of weeks.

I am creating...a market bag, like this one, that I am giving away (go check it out and leave a comment to enter), and a knitted baby hat for a sweet new baby boy.

I am praying...for the military families who have lost loved ones in service.

Around the house...cleaning, yard work and garden work, if there is anything left of my garden, rough weather last week.

One of my favorite things...chocolate underground yogurt with walnuts and shredded coconut, yum.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a concert with friends, a spring football game (moved from last week), and nothing else is scheduled:)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...talent show audition...they made it, the two gentlemen in the middle belong to me.
Thank You Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook. You may click the link to visit Peggy and others.

10 comments:

Choate Family said...

Love, love, LOVE the pic! Brings back so many memories.

Rebecca said...

Hi there Lisa,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I will share the recipe but I made a mistake...they are Cinnamon Snaps...not Crisps. If you want the recipe, I will post it on my blog. They are excellent cookies...my favorite to make...and eat.

Bonita said...

Sounds like some yummy eating at your house!

Glad the audition went well.

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Nice pic! Congratulations to them for doing well at the audition.

~Susan

Krissy said...

Thanks so much for visiting, Lisa! Your strawberry children are so cute! I am considering homeschooling for my son some day, so it's nice to read how other mom's manage it.

Mrs. E. said...

THanks for your nice comment. I enjoyed stopping by your place. Looks like we both have a favorite movie. . . Facing the Giants.
Blessings this week!
Heather

Jerralea said...

I agree with your statement: "I am thankful for...my freedom, and the fact that someone was willing to fight for it." I am sooo thankful!

Congrats to your young gentlemen for making the talent show!

Tiffany said...

Hi--thanks for visiting my blog! I want to enter your contest--the bag is really cool!
Tell me more about chocolate underground yogurt??
I want a Life is Good t-shirt. I am a t-shirt junkie and they look so soft and comfy!
Spaghetti squash with pesto sounds really good. I have a spaghetti squash in my fridge right now but I am not eating tomatoes so wasn't sure how to fix it since I couldn't use spaghetti sauce. I think I'll try pesto.

Anonymous said...

Granola sounds so yummy about now! It was nice to visit your daybook. :0)

quilt'n-mama said...

Can I come eat in your kitchen??? It sounds better than what I have been fixing lately:) We have so many friends who serve in the military, I too am very thankful for their willingness to take a stand for me.
I love the picture it reminds me of Joanna:)
Blessings friend,
Gayly