Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY May 18, 2009
Outside My Window...

it is raining, Praise the Lord. We have been praying for rain, I love answered prayer.

I am thinking...
how tired I am. I have been up most of the night with a big kid that is very ill. He has been dry-heaving since 4am.

I am thankful for...
healthy children. In spite of a stomach virus that has been in our house for 18 days now, I do have healthy children. It takes about 3 minutes of looking around to know I have nothing to complain about, even though I am very tired.

From the learning rooms...
a break. Kind of a strange time to take a break but, with so much sickness and end of the year happenings, this is why I home-educate.

From the kitchen...
apple juice, bananas, toast and I don't know what else. After a long break I have gone back to a thyroid diet. I could no longer function where I was and things had to change.

I am wearing...
jammies. At this point I plan to take a shower and put on clean ones.

I am creating...

sock number 2, a pair is necessary.

I am going...
to an Orchestra recital, a spring football game and a dentist appointment.

I am reading...
Baby Island with my girls for bookclub, they love it.

I am hoping...
Hannah is spared the stomach virus.

I am hearing...
rain! I think I will be able to open the window for a couple of days.
Around the house...laundry, bleach and lysol!

One of my favorite things...
rain after a drought. Blueberries fresh picked. I make the call today to see if they are ready. The rain we have had over the weekend should have plumped them up.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Rest and recovery. It is the very last week of normal children activities and everyone is looking forward to a break. Summer plans have been set and while it will have it's own "busyness" it is in the form of fun. The boys that are taking Spanish are even having fun. Buenos dias!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...6 out of the 7 of us have looked like this in the past 18 days. May Hannah be blessed and not get the stomach virus.
Thank you for stopping by. Visit Peggy @ The Simple Woman to read more Daybooks or create one of your very own. Thank you Peggy for helping me start my week with reflection and simplicity, I need that.

3 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the stomach ick has been going around your house- we had it recently too! UGH!!! I love the 4-H banqet pictures by the way. Wonderful memories of my 4-H years. In June I am helping my mom with the State 4-H geology tour that will be coming through my area! What fun!
Hugs & Prayers my friend,
Gayly

Choate Family said...

My oldest daughter enjoyed "Baby Island", too! Brink is one of our favorite authors. Enjoy the orchestra concert for us. Keep persevering, and know that people on the other side of the world are praying for you.

Jerralea said...

I read a book when I was little called "Baby Island." I wonder if it is the same one!

Sorry to hear that 7 out of 8 of you have had the virus. Surely better times are on the way!

I've been thinking about picking blueberries, too ...